Wednesday 31 December 2008

As the year draws to a close



it is probably time to sit back and take stock of what has happened and indeed what is still happening in the world. We have plenty of wars, not very much food, drought, floods, severe snow and ice storms, earthquakes, avalanches and no doubt plenty of other things that fill the newspapers and TV screens- anybody have any good news for me?
I am happy to be home early from the office today- to help out in the kitchen and get the place ready for our guests this evening. It is nice to celebrate in the neighbourhood and not have to fight with lots of other people for a taxi at 1:45 on a freezing cold 1st January morning :-) First I will need to speak with Figaro and have my few remaining hairs chopped into some kind of order and I think that I might even go crazy and shave for the occasion............
Next year will be another tough one for most people involved in business- the full effects of this current crisis are still to be felt and the good news is that a change of presidency in the USA might put a little fire under the pot and get things moving again. How long it will take to pay back the new debt levels is something that I would rather not bother myself with.
Happy New Year- whoever and wherever you are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all very dark mate !! good red vino is the answer (tho i am reliably informed that the real answer may also be 42 )

all the best for 2009 from Singapore - Club Moose