Saturday 3 January 2009

I know that it is happening, and I think that I am seeing it-


our days are definitely getting longer :-) Colder as well, but that is not such a problem. After being in the office yesterday on a Swiss holiday, it was nice to get home reasonably early to start the weekend and we spent a most relaxing Friday evening lounging on the sofa, reading some of our new books and magazines and generally taking it easy.
This month I am involved in another month-long photo challenge which will hopefully sharpen up some of my skills and at least make me think about how I can capture a decent image when the light levels are so low. It will be a great learning experience and I am excited to see some of the work produced by the other participants.
Finally managed to catch up with Gary, Helena and Campbell today to wish them a belated Merry Christmas and a good start to the New Year- the kids sounded happy to be in the iPod business and I hope that their joy continues. We are certainly having fun with ours!
As per program, I am starting the year with a dry month (or fairly close to a dry month). The exceptions appear to be a get-together in Schaffhausen with a group of friends and acquaintances and our company ski weekend in Arosa. The point of the month is to give my body a rest, lose some weight and concentrate on getting back into the gym- so far things are going well and I will be off to the gym again this afternoon (hopefully with Catherine in tow).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha i am hearing you loud and clear on the dry month - but i still love all the caevats up front !!

we will be trying to do the same

just back from a run and a swim
tough work ..... mOO$e