Wednesday 26 November 2008

I am enjoying my week off


and although I haven't achieved loads, I feel that it has been a pretty successful break thus far. I have been able to catch up with some friends, haven't taken as many pictures as I might have liked but I have cooked a great beef ragout for our guests to eat with polenta tomorrow night.
Hoping to get to the gym again tomorrow and finish off the shopping for dinner while I am in town- we will have guests arriving from 18:30 so I will need to get home, put the music on loud, finish the cooking and tidy the place up. It should be good fun- the best news is that I won't have to dash off to the office early on Friday and depending on how I feel during the day I might even go to the big whisky tasting on the boats here in Zürich on Friday evening.
The fire that the Americans have tried to light under their stockmarkets seems to be still smouldering, but it is sadly perverse to see stocks like Citigroup up close to 100% in a couple of days and still trading at under $8. Not sure where this is all going but some of the ex-big brass from UBS have put their hands in their pockets and returned some of their ill-gotten from the last few years......... when the bank is writing off grillions and the stock price is in the basement 20-30 million coming back from these guys doesn't make a big difference, however they might feel that they are less likely to be attacked with rotting fruit and eggs when next they show their faces in public.
Lugano was great yesterday- thanks for your time Stefano, I really enjoyed those couple of bottles of wine!
P.S. have I told you lately how good Nick Cave really is? Just go and buy "Dig, Lazarus, Dig" and treat yourselves :-)

No comments: