Sunday 9 November 2008

Does anyone have some good news to share?


Apart from the US Election results last week, things only seem to be bleak and miserable in the world. With the Central Banks in Europe slashing rates this week and the US Economy burning jobs, we are not in for a very Merry Christmas. I'm not sure how this recession will turn out, but my guess is that it will still get quite a bit worse before we hit the bottom- and with the banking and financial sector having taken such a hit, the rate relief passed on by the Central Banks is not making it's way to Main Street. If you are a banker........ get out there and lend!!
I had a couple of busy days in London- and in case you were wondering, the weather was appalling! It was grey and miserable for all of the time that I was there- combined with the very short days, it didn't make for a lot of fun.
Back in sunny Zürich- I hope to get out and take some more photos around town today and get myself organised and ready for the new week.
Be smarter than the rest!

No comments: