Thursday 8 May 2008

Normally when one achieves a personal best


it is something to be excited about and perhaps even proud of. I went within a bottle of wine of my personal best on the scales in the gym earlier in the week- it didn't excite me in the least! After another visit and a good training session this evening, I came home to a great salad for dinner and I hope to be able to continue in this vein for a while at least. Our days are getting longer, the sun has been shining and I am going to be out on my bike over the weekend.
Things in the financial markets seem to have settled down a little- every time that Trichet speaks, silly things happen but I guess that is only because he is French. The appetite for risk seems to be improving, but it will certainly be a long while (if ever) before things return to the way that they were 12 months ago.
We received an invitation in the post today from one of the importers of Australian wine here in Switzerland. After buying some wine from them last month they have kindly asked us to come along to a tasting here in Zurich towards the end of May. Sounds good to me.

No comments: