Saturday 1 March 2008

One of life's simple pleasures



is warm bread for breakfast from the bakery. In spite of the rain and wind this morning, I ran across the road to the local farmer who bakes great bread on Saturdays and grabbed enough for breakfast and for lunch tomorrow. It was terrific with a cup of coffee!
I need to head into town today to sort out a couple of things and collect some photos for Catherine and I am looking forward to the party up on the hill this evening. I expect that there will be about 70 people up there and it should be a lot of fun.
Disappointed about the weather- I really wanted to get out and take a lot of photos this weekend but digital cameras and wind and rain don't mix too well together, so I might have to wait and hope that things look better tomorrow.
Thursday night out with Chef Enzo was fun and we even had a quick visit from Chef Tomaso- I have suggested that we try to arrange a monthly get-together and visit different bars and restaurants (all in the name of research, of course).

No comments: