Wednesday 23 July 2008

I was honoured this evening


to be introduced to Patricia's mum when I was in The Chief's sushi bar. Patricia is our favourite waitress and has been good to us for a number of years, so this was very special!
Today was a very big day in the Tour de France with a couple of heavy climbs and the finish at L'Alp-d'Huez. Carlos Sastre did well and won the stage taking the yellow jersey in the process and Cadel Evans is lying in 4th place 1' 34" behind. With a long time trial still to come, things are very open and I still have my fingers crossed that we will see the Australian on top of the podium in Paris come Sunday afternoon.
My spinning class this evening was tough- it is always 90 minutes on Wednesday night but tonight seemed a lot tougher than the last couple of Wednesdays that I have attended. Hopefully this is a sign that I am getting fitter and am able to push myself somewhat harder, hence the bigger struggle towards the end of the class.
Summer weather has returned and we are looking forward to a few warm sunny days to take us through the weekend. Hoping to go for a ride or two and sit on the balcony and have a relaxed meal or two.
Best wishes to Katy and Simone who are both expecting babies- Katy in the next week or so and Simone in another 6 weeks.
P.S. Many thanks to John Chase for the e-mail. Good to hear that all is well with you, mate.

No comments: