Wednesday 13 August 2008

Wednesday has come and almost gone


and I must say that I am pretty happy to see the back of it. The short end of the week will be more enjoyable and with a wedding party on Friday evening and a (no longer) surprise breakfast brunch on Sunday morning, the weekend will be lots of fun too.
We wanted to send Gary to a very interesting wine dinner for his birthday, but sadly that is not going to happen. If anyone has any ideas as to what I might be able to get for him, please drop me a line!
Catherine and I are taking some time off next month. We hope to spend some time down in the Engadine Valley which is one of our favourite parts of Switzerland and which contains the Swiss National Park. It is approaching the time of year when the red deer are mating and that means that they will be gathering in large numbers and it becomes quite spectacular to see them moving along the side of the mountains in great herds. We will certainly have Catherine's telescope with us as well as my camera and will try to come back with more than memories.
A note for your diaries.......... September 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Aaarrghh!!

No comments: