Wednesday 29 October 2008

First snow of the season in Zürich today


and we are in for some more cool and miserable weather over the next couple of days. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining but it is a real change to come out of the office in the evening and have things cold and dark!
The markets have been volatile and silly again- I guess that things will be this way for quite a while to come and with Election Day coming up in the USA next week we have more than a little uncertainty to deal with. There are very few positives to come out of what has happened in the last few months but at least oil prices are back in the realm of "normal" and other commodities have softened although I believe that the demand for steel has almost dried up entirely.
Every day we are greeted by more news of companies in trouble- a Scandinavian discount airline went "belly-up" today sending shares in SAS surging and after the total madness in Volkswagen stock in the last couple of days, I don't know what to expect next.
We have all recovered from the weekend to Lyon- I have managed to edit most of my photos and have shared them with our fellow travellers and am looking forward to getting into bed at a reasonable hour this evening.
It's goodnight from me and it's goodnight from him. Good night!

No comments: