Sunday 13 April 2008

What a great weekend- sadly the end of our holiday


but at least today we are celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary. It has been a pretty relaxing day- early dinner and taking it easy now as we both have early starts in the morning. Dinner was a great slow-roasted chicken with garlic, onions and cherry tomatoes served with polenta. I am off to the office as per normal tomorrow and Catherine is going to London to spend a couple of days in the office there.
Had a good evening on Thursday with the young guys from across the way- ZSC won the hockey finals so we ended up celebrating in our local pub after dinner until late. Very glad that there was no school for me the next day!
My photo project is going well- I managed to get a few more shots in the bag this weekend and if I keep moving along it won't be a problem to finish 30 by the end of the month. These longer evenings are making it somewhat easier to shoot pictures after I get out of the office, so hopefully I will be able to take advantage of them.
Sächselüüte tomorrow- an old festival in Zürich. The bells are rung at 6 o'clock in the evening to celebrate the end of winter and an effigy of a snowman is put to the torch. A big day for all of the guildsmen!

No comments: