Saturday 8 August 2009

I don't think that Australia have played that badly


and I really don't understand why they are 1-0 down in the Ashes Series at the moment, however they seem to be trying to make amends in Leeds. After a sparkling innings from Mr Ponting and able support from Messrs Watson, Clarke and North things are looking somewhat brighter. A first innings lead of over 260, wickets in hand and it not yet tea time on Day 2- hopefully we will have a result.
Some people call me old-fashioned (others just call me old) but I love mechanical watches, fountain pens (which I carry and use every day) and pocketknives (one of which I also carry with me every day). It is hard to believe that the weather is good in the north of England while it is raining here- that was enough to stop me from trying to take photos of the Street Parade today and drive me to the desktop to shoot a few frames

No comments: